2021 Western Australia & 'The Outback Way' Long Paddock Drive
Option 1: 26 June to 19 October 2021 (118 days)
Option 2: 26 June to 10 October 2021 (109 days)
This trip is still being worked on but is up to date effective 10 June 2018.
Two Drive Options
- Brisbane to WA via South Australian, the Nullarbor and return home via Australia's Outback Way
- Brisbane to WA and return home via the Nullarbor
Road Surfaces (Effective June 18)
- Option 1: West Australia trip is bitumen, however, some dirt maybe involved. The 'Outback Wa'y is primarily dirt and corrugations from Laverton to Boulia and then bitumen back home.
- Option 2: Primarily bitumen however some dirt road travel may be required.
- The itinerary is basically completed and advertised as far as south west WA. There is no brochure for Perth north.
- Organisers are willing to take Expressions of Interest on the understanding that
- the Drive has few events, tours and meals organised as there is so much for participants to do.
- Base locations will allow participants to decide themselves where and what they wish to do.
- Pricing is anticipated costs only and negotiated costs will not occur until 18 months from the trip. Itinerary pricing is based on 2018 WA costs
- The payment program will consist of
- payment 1: one nights accommodation at van parks,campgrounds etc
- payment 2: any organised tours
- payment 3: any organised meals
Certain events/tour may have pricing negotiated and advertised. Participants will not be asked to pay for these in advance but at the organisations office. You are asked, however, to indicate on the registration your wish to attend, so negotiation can take place with some degree of accuracy. To gain the cost saving you will need to present your LPD name badge.
Brochure: WA & Outback Way - 10 Jun 18
To assist with organising your trip, the brochure has links to all areas
REGISTRATION - EXPRESSION OF INTEREST